We all know you can prepare tasty burgers on your Cadac BBQ, but did you know you can also bake delicious, crispy pizzas? You can use almost any Cadac BBQ for baking pizza… the only requirement is that your BBQ has a dome and you have a pizza stone.
How to bake pizza on your Cadac BBQ
Pizza stones absorb and retain heat well. When you place the pizza on the stone, it extracts the moisture from the dough, giving you that tasty, crispy base you love.
- Put the pot stand in place
- Add the pizza stone with a wire holder.*
- Preheat on max 200℃ with the dome on (3-5 mins)
- Sprinkle the pizza stone with semolina powder or cake flour and place the pizza on it
- Set flame to low
- Wait 8-10 mins until the dome's temp is 170℃ max
- Time to enjoy! Your pizza should be cooked with cheese melted on top and a crisp base
Pro tip: the Cadac pizza lifter allows for effortlessly lifting and removing pizza.
*It is essential to place the pizza stone on the BBQ during preheating; otherwise, the rapid temperature change can cause the stone to break.
Maintenance & Cleaning
To clean the stone, use a (damp) cloth after each use. You can scrape stubborn residues with a metal dough scraper or spatula.
Pizza stones are very porous, so they should never become too moist. Never immerse them in water as the stone will absorb the water and could easily break with the next use. Lastly, never use detergent to clean the stone as the stone will absorb the taste of soap, and you will be able to taste it the next time you use it!
It is not unusual for a pizza stone to darken and stain over time.