An NCASS survey of festivals and public events in 2010 revealed shocking standards of gas installations signed off as 'safe'. Unfortunately, still today, there are some people out there who take shortcuts at the risk of everyone’s safety.
At Hamilton Gas Products, we believe that safety is ALWAYS paramount when dealing with LPG, and nothing is safer than a Gas Rig equipped with an Automatic Changeover Gas Regulator with Over Pressure Shut-Off (OPSO) safety valve, Consumer Safety Reset (CSR) system and Telemetry remote monitoring device.
What it is
This innovative gas installation is available on a gas rig or wall-mounted.
For the Gas Rig version, you need:
- 2 Cylinder Automatic Changeover Mobile Catering Gas Rig up to 34kW - a mobile catering pre-designed pipework system, hosting from 1 to 2 gas cylinders. It includes a Telemetry-ready automatic changeover gas regulator with OPSO and CSR and an easy-to-assemble stand with quick safe snap-on fittings. No tools are required.
- Clesse CompacTi Remote LPG Cylinder Monitoring Device - Clesse Integrated Intelligence built-in to read and optimise gas cylinder usage.
- Clesse CompacTi Rubberised Backplate - required to avoid ferrous metal magnetic interference.
Suppose you want to Wall-Mount your gas regulator instead. In that case, you just need Clesse TR800 Automatic Changeover Propane Gas Regulator Kit with OPSO & Telemetry or Clesse Compact TR800 Automatic Changeover Propane Gas Regulator Kit with Clesse CompacTi Remote LPG Cylinder Monitoring Device (sold separately). The difference between these two regulators is that the first one already includes the Clesse CompactTi Remote Monitoring Device, while the second doesn’t, but it’s still designed to accommodate it.
If you already have a gas rig up to 34kW and want to rip the benefits of a Telemetry remote monitoring device, you would need:
- Clesse TR800 Automatic Changeover Propane Gas Regulator Kit with OPSO & Telemetry or Clesse Compact TR800 Automatic Changeover Propane Gas Regulator Kit with Clesse CompacTi Remote LPG Cylinder Monitoring Device (sold separately)
- Clesse CompacTi Rubberised Backplate
What if you have a Temeletry-ready regulator and want to put it on a rig? First, you’ll need a Gas Rig and then the Clesse CompacTi Rubberised Backplate. Contact our Customer Service for further information regarding this specific option.
How it works
Assemble the gas stand with no tools, using the quick safe snap-on fitting, and secure the rubberised backplate. Then, slot the Clesse CompacTi remote monitoring device into the back of the regulator and accommodate the regulator inside the stand. Finally, all you need to do is connect the monitoring device to the CompacTi App via Bluetooth.
The gas regulator will ensure the pressure is always correct and will shut off in case it’s too high, guaranteeing your peace of mind. If this function, called OPSO, is faulty, you’ll still be able to restart the system manually. The equipped changeover will also switch automatically from one gas cylinder to the other when the gas has run out completely.
Thanks to the CompacTi App, you’ll have access to many useful features to manage your gas supply better and choose from different packages, depending on your needs and gas installations.
The benefits of a smart, efficient and safe installation like the one we’re proposing here are numerous for any outside catering business, whether it’s a street food van, a big stand at an important festival or an outdoor restaurant.
- Monitor and manage gas bottles anytime and anywhere within Bluetooth range with the CompacTi App on your smartphone or computer.
- Easily find which cylinders need exchanging.
- Get a notification when the cylinders run out of gas or when there is a fault in the system.
- Order gas with a simple touch of a button.
- Save time by letting the system automatically switch from one gas bottle to the next without any manual intervention.
- Get a notification only when the gas has run out completely, allowing better planning and cost-saving and fewer last-minute emergencies.
- Fully compliant with Liquid Gas UK Codes of Practice 24 part 3 and recommended by NCASS.
- Assemble the rig and the other components safely without any tool
- The OPSO safety valve will stop the gas flow if the pressure exceeds the standard allowed by the pipework or gas appliance.
- If the OPSO goes off without any apparent reason, you can press the CSR and restart the system manually.